Skip to main content

When Will It Be Enough?





I try to be as positive as possible when I write. I believe in optimism. I believe that we can only make the world a better place when fueled by the knowledge that progress is happening on a daily basis, because it truly is.

However, more and more I feel like the universe is trying to get a message through to me. That maybe what we need even more than the reminder of our progress is the passion to change the way that things are today fueled by the vicious anger that we feel in regards to the situations that god places before us.

My friends keep getting sick. Not just a little sick, a lot sick. I had to take a step back and recognize the other day that I was reaching out to a close friend who is a breast cancer survivor to learn how to be more supportive to another friend who just found out that she has cancer too.

I have to sit here with my head spinning and remind myself that it is not okay that I have multiple friends who have dealt or are dealing with breast cancer! It is not okay, and I do not accept it!

It is not okay that my grandfather died directly from the nasty poisonous food that the greedy disgusting “government” that is supposed to protect us didn’t bother to regulate.

It is not okay that my sister-in-law, and the only sister that I will ever have was almost taken away from us by a disease that is still classified to this day as “idiopathic”. It is not okay that the same disease contributed to ending my grandmother’s life and that people continue to suffer from it horrifically because there just isn’t any money to be made in curing it or preventing it from happening to anyone else.

I am mad as hell, and maybe that is what it takes, maybe that is what it takes for each and every one of us to stand up and decide that we are not going to put up with this heartless, hopeless, excuse for a government anymore.

We are Americans for god’s sake. Did we forget that? Did we forget what our government is supposed to stand for, who it is supposed to protect, and who it was designed to represent?

Our current “government” does not represent more that an infinitesimal fraction of the citizens of this country!

Doesn’t that make you mad?

In the past couple of weeks the Supreme Court has shut down an effort by the EPA to hold coal-power plants accountable for their mercury and other pollutions. They shut it down because it was going to cost those companies too much money.

How much does that pollution cost us though? It is making our friends and family members sicker, it is poisoning our planet, and killing off species of native plants and animals, but 9.6 billion dollars would just be too much of a cost to the companies that are the priority to our Supreme Court…instead of us.

Congress also decided that the meat that is sold to Americans should have no country of origin labeling on it. Food corporations are obviously their priority, not you and me, not our kids, not our friends who keep getting sick!

These two really serious decisions, in complete and total disregard of the health and the welfare of the American people, happened just this week.

We are eating and breathing poison every single day in this country because it is making people money.

What is it going to take for us to finally stand up and recognize that the people in positions of power in this country are all controlled by a handful of greedy soulless monsters who would not bat an eyelash at what my friend is going to be suffering through from today forward, or the fact that they are directly responsible for it.

When are we finally going to get angry enough about it that we step forward and volunteer to clean up this horrible mess of a government, which we should be viciously ashamed of tolerating as American people?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 Things…you learn after moving to Florida.

20 Things…you learn after moving to Florida.
1.There is a big difference between a roach and a palmetto bug. Real roaches are the guys from New York. They infest, they are spooky smart, they are dirty and nasty, and you have to work really hard to get rid of them. Palmetto bugs however, are big and creepy and dumb. You usually see them outside at night and they will fly right at your face. They don’t infest because they are native and they can’t survive in our AC temps. 2.Every public indoor place will always be frigid. Most of your friend’s houses will be as well. I take a sweater with me almost everywhere that I go, and if I forget to I regret it. 3.Outside of weather emergencies, weathermen are superfluous. In the rainy season, which is most of the time, there is an eighty percent chance of rain, every single day. The weather man has no idea what time it will rain, how hard, or for how long, and there is no way for him to predict it. You just have to go out there with your fingers cr…

Christmas in Florida

Christmas in Florida
December tenth today and I swam my thirty laps in the pool. It’s pretty chilly, but I don’t really feel it after the second lap. I am so grateful that I am able to keep swimming this late into the season. My body responds much better to swimming than it does to running, and I still get a great cardio work out.
This is our seventh or eighth Christmas in Florida now. To be honest, it wasn’t much of an adjustment for me. I have lived in climates where we got tons of snow. I even graduated from high school in Northern Michigan, but I really don’t miss it. I am a worrier, so snow just makes me think of bad roads and car accidents. I think snow is absolutely gorgeous, but I don’t like the cold. I would be perfectly happy if snow stayed on mountains. I would visit it to ski.
I finally convinced my husband for the first time this year that we really did not need a tree. He is partial to real ones, and I have no real love for artificial trees. Not once in all of the years…

The Power Of Willful Ignorance

I watched a woman say these words in a speech a few moments ago and nothing could be more true...willful ignorance is insanely powerful. Willful ignorance is the reason that good German people allowed their neighbors to be dragged off by the Nazis in the middle of the night. It is the reason that American people choose to believe our homeless are lazy and irresponsible instead of facing the reality that their situations have arisen because of widespread mental illness and cooperate greed. It is the reason that you will pick up a steak on your way home from work tonight, not bothering to find out where it came from, because you just don’t want to know. The truth is too disgusting.
I have gone on about the meat industry quite a bit and my goal here is not to do that. I love to eat meat, I will state that again, but the example that comes from our consumption of factory meat is so powerful when it comes to explaining willful ignorance that I want to use it. Out of ALL of the many, many,…