Skip to main content

Twenty Healthy Daily Questions






1.     Have I let the people that I love know how much I love them? Never pass up an opportunity to tell your loved ones how you feel about them. Make it a daily ritual. I tell my kids I love them dozens of times every single day.
2.     Am I proud of what I have put into my body? I derive an exceptional amount of joy from feeling good about what I am feeding my family and myself. In turn, when I eat well, I fell good, and on and on.
3.     Have I taken time to think? My husband calls this meditation, and it is vitally important. We all need to give ourselves time to allow our minds to wander. I like to multitask, and I use the time that I am exercising, or driving to let my thoughts run free.
4.     Am I being kind to everyone that I encounter? It is immensely important that we are kind to people throughout each day. Even conflicting interactions can be approached with kindness. When we are good to people they become inspired to be good to others in return.
5.     Have I taken advantage of my freedom today? It is something that is being fought for still, every minute of every day. Honor the people who fight for your freedom by using it gratefully. Speak your mind, research to enrich your own opinions and share your knowledge.
6.     Have I exercised my brain today? Like any muscle, the brain needs exercise. Of course, studies show that by using our brains every day, we strengthen our intellect. My favorite brain workout is a good book. Puzzles and crosswords also make for great mind exercises.
7.     Who have I supported financially today? Did I buy something from the shop on the corner and look into the eyes of the owner who will benefit from the sale, or did I purchase my groceries from a large conglomerate that underpays their employees so that it can hoard wealth?
8.     Have I been drinking water? I make it my goal to drink no less than a gallon a day. Water is the most inexpensive, most powerful tool we have to cleanse our bodies…and the one that many people ignore.
9.     Who have I helped today? It is easier to help people in small ways than you might think. In public we can hold open doors and halt elevators. At home we can bring someone a cup of coffee. We can even pop on the internet and leave a product review to help out another consumer. It is that easy.
10. Have I laughed today? Laughter is so good for the soul. It relieves stress. It is abundantly available, and easily shared.
11. How have I detoxed today? There are great foods for detox and there are wonderful supplemental systems out there as well. I use Isagenix detox program daily. My favorite form of detox however, is sweat. Working up a good sweat removes gobs of toxins from our bodies. Even if we eat an exemplary diet, we still absorb toxins through the environment that we live in and the air that we breathe. Detox is important.
12. Have I used your body well today? I like to keep my body moving. I even stand when I work at my desk; it is a high top with no chair. For people who aren’t fond of exercise or are just getting started; walking is a simple fantastic activity that gets the body moving. It is important that we move, humans are not made for sitting still.
13. Am I grateful today? All that I have to do is to take a look around me and I am enwrapped in gratitude. Before I even get out of bed in the morning, I give thanks for my soft pillows and sheets and the fact that I have a safe place to rest. We become much happier and more fulfilled individuals when we remember to give thanks for all that we have.
14. Did I poop today? Sorry, but it is very important. If you didn’t then you need more fiber. Go eat some broccoli, or nuts, or cabbage.
15. Have I challenged myself today? All that I have to do is go out for a run to give myself a challenge. Challenging ourselves keeps us strong, and alert, and young.
16. What did I create today? Being creative is good brain exercise as well. Creativity can involve anything from putting together an outfit to making a really lovely sandwich.
17.  Did I get enough sleep last night? Sleep is vitally important. We all need a good nights sleep so that we can function well during the day.
18. What have I learned today? If we aren’t learning each and every day, then we aren’t making good use of our time. Learning new things enriches our lives and makes us more valuable members of our own communities.
19. Am I actively living up to my beliefs? It is an important question to pose to ourselves daily, and it is not a failure if the answer is no. We simply need to remember to ask ourselves whether or not we are living up to the morals that we believe in, and if not, to pledge to do better tomorrow.
20. How can I make tomorrow even better? Thinking forward gives us a sense of empowerment and optimism. When we focus on the steps that we can take to make tomorrow an even better day, we make the world a better place.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 Things…you learn after moving to Florida.

20 Things…you learn after moving to Florida.
1.There is a big difference between a roach and a palmetto bug. Real roaches are the guys from New York. They infest, they are spooky smart, they are dirty and nasty, and you have to work really hard to get rid of them. Palmetto bugs however, are big and creepy and dumb. You usually see them outside at night and they will fly right at your face. They don’t infest because they are native and they can’t survive in our AC temps. 2.Every public indoor place will always be frigid. Most of your friend’s houses will be as well. I take a sweater with me almost everywhere that I go, and if I forget to I regret it. 3.Outside of weather emergencies, weathermen are superfluous. In the rainy season, which is most of the time, there is an eighty percent chance of rain, every single day. The weather man has no idea what time it will rain, how hard, or for how long, and there is no way for him to predict it. You just have to go out there with your fingers cr…

The Power Of Willful Ignorance

I watched a woman say these words in a speech a few moments ago and nothing could be more true...willful ignorance is insanely powerful. Willful ignorance is the reason that good German people allowed their neighbors to be dragged off by the Nazis in the middle of the night. It is the reason that American people choose to believe our homeless are lazy and irresponsible instead of facing the reality that their situations have arisen because of widespread mental illness and cooperate greed. It is the reason that you will pick up a steak on your way home from work tonight, not bothering to find out where it came from, because you just don’t want to know. The truth is too disgusting.
I have gone on about the meat industry quite a bit and my goal here is not to do that. I love to eat meat, I will state that again, but the example that comes from our consumption of factory meat is so powerful when it comes to explaining willful ignorance that I want to use it. Out of ALL of the many, many,…

Christmas in Florida

Christmas in Florida
December tenth today and I swam my thirty laps in the pool. It’s pretty chilly, but I don’t really feel it after the second lap. I am so grateful that I am able to keep swimming this late into the season. My body responds much better to swimming than it does to running, and I still get a great cardio work out.
This is our seventh or eighth Christmas in Florida now. To be honest, it wasn’t much of an adjustment for me. I have lived in climates where we got tons of snow. I even graduated from high school in Northern Michigan, but I really don’t miss it. I am a worrier, so snow just makes me think of bad roads and car accidents. I think snow is absolutely gorgeous, but I don’t like the cold. I would be perfectly happy if snow stayed on mountains. I would visit it to ski.
I finally convinced my husband for the first time this year that we really did not need a tree. He is partial to real ones, and I have no real love for artificial trees. Not once in all of the years…