Skip to main content

Right In Front Of My Face






I have been going through an awakening recently, so to speak. It is completely mind boggling to realize just how many things are sitting there just waiting for you to give them their due attention, while you continue to pass them by, over and over, as if they were invisible. I watched a video today on the inner eye that I honestly would have laughed my ass off over a couple of months ago. Today however, it made perfect and complete sense to me. The most interesting part about all of this is that the universe completely choreographed this whole thing. Now, when I am standing here, looking at my life from a completely different perspective, I can see the very moments in time when it kept nudging me in this direction. If I weren’t so damn stubborn, it probably would have all happened a long time ago, but then everything happens for a reason, right?

I can’t begin to count the number of times that I have tried to pass on information to someone who just wasn’t ready to accept it yet. Conversely, I can’t count the number of times that I have been presented with concepts that I brushed off completely. We label these things. Our state of not being ready to accept relevant, yet world bending concepts completely stems from fear. To avoid considering these ideas, we label them, and we bundle them together with other concepts that do not appeal to us. For instance: there was a huge chunk of my life when I associated the pursuit of an organic, chemical-free lifestyle, with muddy parasite-ridden people who shared their homes with goats. That is a really big, messy, picture to have created in my mind, but I was using it as an illusion that protected me from the knowledge that was urging me to try and live the same way…only minus any parasites, mud, or goats.

It can all come together like dominoes cascading. The more pieces of the puzzle that we collect the more quickly the whole picture comes together. The funny thing is that I have begun to realize that it is not so much about me. To my utter delight, the awakening is somewhat universal. It seems like every single day lately, not only am I randomly making new friends with people who are in the midst of healthy lifestyle changes, but I have also noticed that my old friends are making similar transitions at the same time. As if suddenly, a switch was flipped, and our collective visions were all illuminated at the same time. Or maybe it merely has to do with the fact that I have a lot of friends who are turning forty…time to get busy, or serious, or something. 

So, how do we see the things that have always been right there waiting for us to notice them? We look…when we are ready, we begin to look around and discover that the answers we are hunting for are surprisingly easy to find. It simply requires a little letting go. When we let go of the things that we really don’t need, like the concern over what other people will think, and the fear of failure, we discover a newly illuminated world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 Things…you learn after moving to Florida.

20 Things…you learn after moving to Florida.
1.There is a big difference between a roach and a palmetto bug. Real roaches are the guys from New York. They infest, they are spooky smart, they are dirty and nasty, and you have to work really hard to get rid of them. Palmetto bugs however, are big and creepy and dumb. You usually see them outside at night and they will fly right at your face. They don’t infest because they are native and they can’t survive in our AC temps. 2.Every public indoor place will always be frigid. Most of your friend’s houses will be as well. I take a sweater with me almost everywhere that I go, and if I forget to I regret it. 3.Outside of weather emergencies, weathermen are superfluous. In the rainy season, which is most of the time, there is an eighty percent chance of rain, every single day. The weather man has no idea what time it will rain, how hard, or for how long, and there is no way for him to predict it. You just have to go out there with your fingers cr…

Christmas in Florida

Christmas in Florida
December tenth today and I swam my thirty laps in the pool. It’s pretty chilly, but I don’t really feel it after the second lap. I am so grateful that I am able to keep swimming this late into the season. My body responds much better to swimming than it does to running, and I still get a great cardio work out.
This is our seventh or eighth Christmas in Florida now. To be honest, it wasn’t much of an adjustment for me. I have lived in climates where we got tons of snow. I even graduated from high school in Northern Michigan, but I really don’t miss it. I am a worrier, so snow just makes me think of bad roads and car accidents. I think snow is absolutely gorgeous, but I don’t like the cold. I would be perfectly happy if snow stayed on mountains. I would visit it to ski.
I finally convinced my husband for the first time this year that we really did not need a tree. He is partial to real ones, and I have no real love for artificial trees. Not once in all of the years…

The Power Of Willful Ignorance

I watched a woman say these words in a speech a few moments ago and nothing could be more true...willful ignorance is insanely powerful. Willful ignorance is the reason that good German people allowed their neighbors to be dragged off by the Nazis in the middle of the night. It is the reason that American people choose to believe our homeless are lazy and irresponsible instead of facing the reality that their situations have arisen because of widespread mental illness and cooperate greed. It is the reason that you will pick up a steak on your way home from work tonight, not bothering to find out where it came from, because you just don’t want to know. The truth is too disgusting.
I have gone on about the meat industry quite a bit and my goal here is not to do that. I love to eat meat, I will state that again, but the example that comes from our consumption of factory meat is so powerful when it comes to explaining willful ignorance that I want to use it. Out of ALL of the many, many,…