Twenty Things…that make me smile.
We all have blue days, or at least ones where we are feeling particularly grumpy. It is a great exercise to remember Julie Andrew’s voice and think of our favorite things. Here are a few of mine:
1. Campfires. The beauty of the colors, the smell, and the memories that go with each and every one.
2. Haribo Happy-Cola. It is the best candy ever made, and even the name is happy.
3. Charles Durning. The man was amazing. Very few people know that he was a WWII veteran who participated in the Normandy Invasion, and that he was told repeatedly that he was a horrible actor and would never get a job.
4. Puppy breath. One of the most awesome smells in the universe.
5. Melted cheese. Melted cheese is just…heaven.
6. Baby laughter. Such a beautiful sound. I think that people who can listen to it without smiling scare me.
7. Pushing Kittens. I once watched my husband randomly push his sister’s kitten over to amuse himself. He laughed and laughed. Now, I laugh when I think about it.
8. The Greatest American Hero. It was my first favorite TV show as a kid. I still have the theme song memorized.
9. Sunshine. I love the sun so much; just thinking of it makes me happy. I would rather see it though, and feel it.
10. Hugs. I hug almost everyone that I know in greeting. Hugs are good for me.
11. Office supplies. I could get lost in an office supply store for hours.
12. Books. Duh, books!
13. My family. They are a menagerie of characters. Many of them are not related to me, but they are my family all the same.
14. Dancing. Try to dance and frown, it’s not easy.
15. Bubbles. They are beautiful and they are buoyant and they tickle in the water…and they pop.
16. Frogs. I love the little guys. They are good luck and I swim like them, and they are green.
17. Soup. Soup makes people feel better.
18. Coffee. There are a million ways to drink it now, and everyone likes it one way or another. It smells delicious.
19. Reunions. It is so wonderful to reunite with people that I have been separated from for a long time.
20. Free time. I love when I have my time to myself. When I don’t have to rush I am content.