Twenty Things…that I am thankful for.
1. My freedom. I am just the most adverse rebellious little individual. I have a driving need to go against the masses and I can’t seem to help myself. If I were forced to conform, I don’t know how I would survive. I don’t even know where to start to try and explain the appreciation that I have for the soldiers who fight to protect the freedom of the American people. They give me my very life.
2. My tribe, my family, the people that I get to share this life with and the ones that I know I will meet again in the next. They create me, they mold me and hold me up. They are my strength and my reason for existing.
3. Words. They are my life and my lover. I honestly admit that they only flow through my mind. The words are the creators of everything that I write. They demand their own existence and they humble me.
4. My partnership. My husband’s love and support have done so much to help me become a bigger better me. I would not be the same person without him in my life.
5. Food. I love it so much. It nurtures my body as well as my creative desire.
6. Heat. I like being warm and I’m never comfortable when I am cold. I love living in Florida where we get to enjoy such beautiful weather.
7. Stories. The ones that I read and the ones that I write…the ones that I observe living all around me. I think that I would go crazy if I did not have them to occupy my mind.
8. My memory. I have been blessed with some amazing experiences which I love to relive.
9. My vision. I get to see so many outstandingly beautiful things in this life. I get to watch my children grow, my world evolve.
10. My humor. It has helped me to get thought the trying times and the rough patches. Life is pretty funny; when I can keep that in mind I am happy.
11. Heroes. I don’t think that I would be where I am today without all of the inspiring words left behind by the people I most admire.
12. My conscience. When I open up my mind and listen to her, she guides me in love with every decision that I make…and I make better ones.
13. Children. They give the whole world a reason to work hard to be better. My life is about building them a world they can be proud of.
14. My voice. The more that I teach myself to shut up and listen, the stronger the quality of my words.
15. Celebration. There are reasons to celebrate each and every day of life. The more that I seek them out and notice them, the more of them there are.
16. Smiles. I truly think that smiles have the power to make the world a better place.
17. My home. I feel so blessed to have a safe place for my children to live. Our home is a precious refuge that I treasure.
18. My body. It is a strong capable vessel that gives me the opportunity to experience this planet.
19. Knowledge. It is true; knowledge is power. I am forever learning as much as I can.
20. Courage. Sometimes I have more of it than I do at others. I don’t know how I would move forward without it. The more that I challenge my courage the more that it grows, and it is one of the dearest qualities that I admire in other humans.