Twenty Reasons…that I love my husband.
There are scads more but here are a handful:
1. He wears the pants in the family. That doesn’t mean that he makes all of the decisions, but he plays the lead. I am naturally a bit introverted. He makes phone calls for me sometimes, he introduces me in public, he makes it easier for me.
2. Despite the fact that I am well educated in floral design, he still tries to be thoughtful and buy me gifts. He gave up on flowers a ways back because I am so picky about their quality. He does try to bring me home little gifts that will mean something to me…he hasn’t given up.
3. He is the best father in the entire universe. He loves our children with all of his heart. He plays, and gives them all of the things that I would be challenged in giving to them.
4. He inspires me to do things. My husband never tells me to do things, or pushes, or suggests, or nags. He simply works to inspire me into action because the man is smart and knows that I will butt heads with any other tactic.
5. He is always honest about his opinion. I never need to worry about leaving the house in a dress that makes me look fat. Even if he knows that I am not going to like what he has to say, he always tells me what he thinks.
6. He holds my hand. He always reaches for my hand or to tuck my arm into his elbow. He is always kissing me and touching me…always making me feel loved.
7. He listens to me. My husband, when I have captured his attention, always listens to what I have to say. He may not always agree with me but, he always listens.
8. He is an amazing cook. Even though I am in the kitchen most of the time, if I ask him for my favorite poached salmon with béarnaise he is right on it, and it always melts in my mouth.
9. My husband doesn’t hide things from me. Even hard things, or things that will unnecessarily worry me…things that he could keep from me the way that most men do. He always tells me, and he always tells me the truth.
10. He always makes a point to say thank you. I am the domestic goddess here at home, so all of the housework is up to me. He still stops me after I iron a batch of shirts and tells me how much he appreciates it.
11. He tells me that I am beautiful. He does it almost every day I think. Sometimes he interrupts me just to tell me while I am saying something to him.
12. He lets me drive. I get terribly car sick, and I am a very alert person in the car whether driving, or as a passenger. Even though he is the man, he lets me drive most of the time, because it makes me fell better.
13. He is my best friend. My husband and I can go on for hours and hours just chatting about whatever. We truly enjoy spending time together. I would rather spend time with him than anyone else.
14. He admits when he is wrong. He isn’t wrong all that often, but when he is he owns up to it, and does not stubbornly brush it under the rug.
15. He puts up with my gas. Due to my gluten intolerance, I am full of air a lot of the time. I burp a lot. I am very good about always saying excuse me. He just laughs at me and brushes it aside.
16. He values what I do. Not only does he go out into the work force and hold down a job so that I can stay home with our kids, he appreciates me for staying at home with them. He knows how difficult my job is, and does not belittle me for just being a housewife. He is strongly supportive of my writing as well.
17. He can’t stand to see me in pain. We are the same way about it. Whenever one of us is sick or hurting the other is wracked with worry. He just isn’t happy unless he knows that I am.
18. He makes me feel safe. By treating me with respect and honesty I am certain of his loyalty to me and to our family as a whole. He makes sure that we have whatever we need to feel safe and secure in the world. Even if it is a Golden Retriever who is a horrible guard dog.
19. He does the dirty work. He takes care of the lawn and the outside of the house for me. He kills the spiders and chases down the palmetto bugs. My hero.
20. He keeps me warm. I am an infinitely cold-blooded person. I like warm climates and warm temperatures. When we sleep he spoons me tightly and keeps me warm. It was one of the first things that he ever said to me, that I remember, and he has never let me down. He always keeps me warm.