Skip to main content

Twenty Reasons…that I love my husband.

Twenty Reasons…that I love my husband.

There are scads more but here are a handful:

1.     He wears the pants in the family. That doesn’t mean that he makes all of the decisions, but he plays the lead. I am naturally a bit introverted. He makes phone calls for me sometimes, he introduces me in public, he makes it easier for me.
2.     Despite the fact that I am well educated in floral design, he still tries to be thoughtful and buy me gifts. He gave up on flowers a ways back because I am so picky about their quality. He does try to bring me home little gifts that will mean something to me…he hasn’t given up.
3.     He is the best father in the entire universe. He loves our children with all of his heart. He plays, and gives them all of the things that I would be challenged in giving to them.
4.     He inspires me to do things. My husband never tells me to do things, or pushes, or suggests, or nags. He simply works to inspire me into action because the man is smart and knows that I will butt heads with any other tactic.
5.     He is always honest about his opinion. I never need to worry about leaving the house in a dress that makes me look fat. Even if he knows that I am not going to like what he has to say, he always tells me what he thinks.
6.     He holds my hand. He always reaches for my hand or to tuck my arm into his elbow. He is always kissing me and touching me…always making me feel loved.
7.     He listens to me. My husband, when I have captured his attention, always listens to what I have to say. He may not always agree with me but, he always listens.
8.     He is an amazing cook. Even though I am in the kitchen most of the time, if I ask him for my favorite poached salmon with béarnaise he is right on it, and it always melts in my mouth.
9.     My husband doesn’t hide things from me. Even hard things, or things that will unnecessarily worry me…things that he could keep from me the way that most men do. He always tells me, and he always tells me the truth.
10. He always makes a point to say thank you. I am the domestic goddess here at home, so all of the housework is up to me. He still stops me after I iron a batch of shirts and tells me how much he appreciates it.
11. He tells me that I am beautiful. He does it almost every day I think. Sometimes he interrupts me just to tell me while I am saying something to him.
12. He lets me drive. I get terribly car sick, and I am a very alert person in the car whether driving, or as a passenger. Even though he is the man, he lets me drive most of the time, because it makes me fell better.
13. He is my best friend. My husband and I can go on for hours and hours just chatting about whatever. We truly enjoy spending time together. I would rather spend time with him than anyone else.
14. He admits when he is wrong. He isn’t wrong all that often, but when he is he owns up to it, and does not stubbornly brush it under the rug.
15. He puts up with my gas. Due to my gluten intolerance, I am full of air a lot of the time. I burp a lot. I am very good about always saying excuse me. He just laughs at me and brushes it aside.
16. He values what I do. Not only does he go out into the work force and hold down a job so that I can stay home with our kids, he appreciates me for staying at home with them. He knows how difficult my job is, and does not belittle me for just being a housewife. He is strongly supportive of my writing as well.
17. He can’t stand to see me in pain. We are the same way about it. Whenever one of us is sick or hurting the other is wracked with worry. He just isn’t happy unless he knows that I am.
18. He makes me feel safe. By treating me with respect and honesty I am certain of his loyalty to me and to our family as a whole. He makes sure that we have whatever we need to feel safe and secure in the world. Even if it is a Golden Retriever who is a horrible guard dog.
19. He does the dirty work. He takes care of the lawn and the outside of the house for me. He kills the spiders and chases down the palmetto bugs. My hero.
20. He keeps me warm. I am an infinitely cold-blooded person. I like warm climates and warm temperatures. When we sleep he spoons me tightly and keeps me warm. It was one of the first things that he ever said to me, that I remember, and he has never let me down. He always keeps me warm.


Comments

  1. The world needs more Michael Mataluni's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is and will always be full of love to give

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great. Me and Kevin have the same kind of honest, respectful and trusting relationship. It's the greatest gift in the world.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

20 Things…you learn after moving to Florida.

20 Things…you learn after moving to Florida.
1.There is a big difference between a roach and a palmetto bug. Real roaches are the guys from New York. They infest, they are spooky smart, they are dirty and nasty, and you have to work really hard to get rid of them. Palmetto bugs however, are big and creepy and dumb. You usually see them outside at night and they will fly right at your face. They don’t infest because they are native and they can’t survive in our AC temps. 2.Every public indoor place will always be frigid. Most of your friend’s houses will be as well. I take a sweater with me almost everywhere that I go, and if I forget to I regret it. 3.Outside of weather emergencies, weathermen are superfluous. In the rainy season, which is most of the time, there is an eighty percent chance of rain, every single day. The weather man has no idea what time it will rain, how hard, or for how long, and there is no way for him to predict it. You just have to go out there with your fingers cr…

Christmas in Florida

Christmas in Florida
December tenth today and I swam my thirty laps in the pool. It’s pretty chilly, but I don’t really feel it after the second lap. I am so grateful that I am able to keep swimming this late into the season. My body responds much better to swimming than it does to running, and I still get a great cardio work out.
This is our seventh or eighth Christmas in Florida now. To be honest, it wasn’t much of an adjustment for me. I have lived in climates where we got tons of snow. I even graduated from high school in Northern Michigan, but I really don’t miss it. I am a worrier, so snow just makes me think of bad roads and car accidents. I think snow is absolutely gorgeous, but I don’t like the cold. I would be perfectly happy if snow stayed on mountains. I would visit it to ski.
I finally convinced my husband for the first time this year that we really did not need a tree. He is partial to real ones, and I have no real love for artificial trees. Not once in all of the years…

The Power Of Willful Ignorance

I watched a woman say these words in a speech a few moments ago and nothing could be more true...willful ignorance is insanely powerful. Willful ignorance is the reason that good German people allowed their neighbors to be dragged off by the Nazis in the middle of the night. It is the reason that American people choose to believe our homeless are lazy and irresponsible instead of facing the reality that their situations have arisen because of widespread mental illness and cooperate greed. It is the reason that you will pick up a steak on your way home from work tonight, not bothering to find out where it came from, because you just don’t want to know. The truth is too disgusting.
I have gone on about the meat industry quite a bit and my goal here is not to do that. I love to eat meat, I will state that again, but the example that comes from our consumption of factory meat is so powerful when it comes to explaining willful ignorance that I want to use it. Out of ALL of the many, many,…