Skip to main content

I Miss You Already...missing my friends.


I Miss You Already

A couple of our closest friends live about two hours away from us. We used to be neighbors, and when our houses were only two doors away we saw each other almost every day. They are like family. I can’t remember how many times I have spent hours sitting and talking with either of them. The male half of the couple was pretty angry with us when we moved. Not actual mean anger, he just had grumpy abandonment issues. I understand.

We are pretty good about traveling to see each other. We manage to make it happen every couple of months. They travel to our house or we travel to theirs. We try to make a long weekend of it and spend two or three days together. It is always too short. It’s not short in the sense that four adults and five children packed into one space doesn’t get a little stressful by the end of the weekend. I am still always sad when we have to part ways again though.

It is such a gift to have the kind of friends who mean that much to you. I have friends that I can tell anything too, friends who would drop anything if they knew that I really needed them, friends that I trust to care for my kids. It is so wonderful to have that kind of friendship in life. It helps me to feel a little less tiny in this great big world. The more people that I have strong connections to, the more I feel like I can make it out there.

I miss them so much today. I am overly soft hearted. I completely admit it, but still. They were only able to stay for less than twenty-four hours this time, because they had so much going on back at their home, and we have a lot going on here as well. We didn’t get to have our customary discussions over brunch like usual this time. It was too short and I am pouting now, and I am thinking about when we can get away to visit them next.

Good friends are not hard to come by. I don’t believe that they are, because there is no way in the world that I could have as many amazing friends as I do if it were true. Great friends are one of the most precious things in the universe. They are like the icing on the cake of life. I am never taking myself off of the market either, I am always ready to meet people that I have that instant and outstanding connection with. Be on the lookout for friendship and it will find you. You will enrich the life of another person that you care about, and they will enrich yours in return.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 Things…you learn after moving to Florida.

20 Things…you learn after moving to Florida.
1.There is a big difference between a roach and a palmetto bug. Real roaches are the guys from New York. They infest, they are spooky smart, they are dirty and nasty, and you have to work really hard to get rid of them. Palmetto bugs however, are big and creepy and dumb. You usually see them outside at night and they will fly right at your face. They don’t infest because they are native and they can’t survive in our AC temps. 2.Every public indoor place will always be frigid. Most of your friend’s houses will be as well. I take a sweater with me almost everywhere that I go, and if I forget to I regret it. 3.Outside of weather emergencies, weathermen are superfluous. In the rainy season, which is most of the time, there is an eighty percent chance of rain, every single day. The weather man has no idea what time it will rain, how hard, or for how long, and there is no way for him to predict it. You just have to go out there with your fingers cr…

The Power Of Willful Ignorance

I watched a woman say these words in a speech a few moments ago and nothing could be more true...willful ignorance is insanely powerful. Willful ignorance is the reason that good German people allowed their neighbors to be dragged off by the Nazis in the middle of the night. It is the reason that American people choose to believe our homeless are lazy and irresponsible instead of facing the reality that their situations have arisen because of widespread mental illness and cooperate greed. It is the reason that you will pick up a steak on your way home from work tonight, not bothering to find out where it came from, because you just don’t want to know. The truth is too disgusting.
I have gone on about the meat industry quite a bit and my goal here is not to do that. I love to eat meat, I will state that again, but the example that comes from our consumption of factory meat is so powerful when it comes to explaining willful ignorance that I want to use it. Out of ALL of the many, many,…

Crustless Pumpkin Pie

This sophisticated version of pumpkin pie is amazingly smooth & rich. It is also Gluten-Free & free of Refined Sugar. 


Ingredients:

29oz pumpkin puree - 1 lg. can
1 stick unsalted butter - softened
8oz cream cheese - softened
5 eggs
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 c. honey
1 c. GF flour 






Whipped cream:

1 c. heavy cream
1 tsp. vanilla extract




Honey to drizzle on top.





Making it Happen:

Combine all of the ingredients for the pie in a mixing bowl and mix on medium speed until well combined. When the batter is smooth, pour it into a greased 9x13 baking pan and bake in an oven pre-heated to 350 degrees for one hour.





Allow the pie to cool for 30 minutes before slicing.




To make the whipped cream, blend the chilled heavy cream in a chilled bowl on high speed until it begins to thicken, add the vanilla and continue blending until the cream is thick. 





Plate pie with whipped cream & drizzle with honey. Enjoy!